Activities at Whirley Pre-School
All our activities are planned in line with the Early Years Foundation Stage and encompass Every Child Matters.
We work around a theme for a half term and incorporate child initiated learning into our planning.
Wherever possible we have “freeflow play” where the children can select what they do – whether inside or outside.
Children will be given opportunities to:
- play alone and with other children
- take turns and care for one another
- speak and listen
- experience a range of sensory materials
- paint, glue, crayon, chalk and use scissors
- model with construction, play-doh, clay, etc.
- dress up and pretend
- cook and bake
- gain early numeracy and literacy skills (Jolly Phonics)
- dance, sing and play with musical instruments
- listen to stories and enjoy books
- use computers and programmable toys
- explore outside and find out about the world around us
- and most of all make new friends and have lots of fun!